Check this out though: the interviewer said “people saw a side of Katy Perry they never really knew was there. I mean, they saw you break down.”
Katy Perry responded, “I didn’t break down. I opened up. That’s the difference.”
Here’s the point. It’s ok to feel feelings. Feeling is the seat of femininity.
In case you’d like to see it what I experienced, you can watch it here. You can forward to the 3:00 minute mark.
2) You Don’t Peak Curiosity- This happens when you’re not passionate. If you find that you’re not passionate about something it’s likely because of two things.
First, you’re always on the move that you can’t identify what your passions are. You haven’t given yourself permission to dream.
Second, you haven’t taken an active inventory and an active interest your OWN life.
3) You Don’t Add Value- It’s of no benefit to keep all the information and resources you have within your circle. To add value, begin to share more… more of your stories, your time, your talents, and your money. Since women are multipliers, when you share you add value.
4) You’re Easily Distracted So Your Capacity to Be Present is Deficient– Remember that “people won’t remember what you said, but they’ll remember how you made them feel”. A woman’s capacity to reestablish presence is based on focused and intention.
5) You Value Your Fears More Than You Value Your Future– I have to constantly remind myself that fear is not real. It’s an illusion. It’s part of your imagination, and it’s the brains way of keeping us safe.
To combat this habit, you’ll want to review 2 Corinthians 10:5 that instructs us to “cast down imagination and every high thing that exalts itself against God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
Basically, get your mind right.
6) You Fear Intimacy- If you find that you can’t move beyond the surface of any type of relationships, there’s likely a fear of intimacy. This is comes about if you find that your default is joke telling, sarcasm, laughter, or even withdrawal.
To combat this habit so you can embrace more intimacy and connection, here’s a quick 4 step process you’ll want to ask yourself:
- What’s the fear holding me back?
- Am I in my head? Is the fear even likely to happen?
- Can I control the outcome?
- Do I want be right, or do I want to be connected?
7) You Enjoy Comfort Too Much- You have a certain way of being and doing things and you’re just comfortable. It’s easy for you. But to get to your next level, you have to come out of that because what got you here won’t get you there. Successful women live outside their comfort zone.
To your enhancement,
P.S. Tell me below, which of the 7 habits do you feel is your biggest opportunity for improvement?